The Urban Institute is guided by a set of values that underpin the way we conduct our business. Objectivity, fairness, honesty, integrity, and respect for others are central to everything we do. In keeping with these values, our philosophy on diversity is based on respect for one another and recognition that each person brings his or her unique attributes to the corporation. Creativity and intellectual growth can only thrive in an environment that welcomes differences in viewpoints, backgrounds, and experiences.
Because we believe in these values, we've acted accordingly and Urban Institute is proudly multidisciplinary, multicultural, multiracial, male and female, academic and applied, highly schooled and practically experienced. We come from all walks of life and from around the world—and we use diversity and its riches to improve the content and meaning of our research.
At Urban Institute, you can expect
- to be treated fairly;
- to be recognized and rewarded on ability and merit for your contributions;
- to have equal access to opportunity for growth and advancement;
- to be encouraged and supported to fulfill your potential;
- to be respected for who you are; and
- to have a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and intolerance.
The Urban Institute—proudly an affirmative action employer.