The Retirement Policy Program provides objective, nonpartisan guidance to policymakers through its analyses of how current government policies, private sector practices, and demographic trends influence older Americans’ security and decisionmaking.
- Robert Berenson, Institute fellow, board-certified physician, former senior official in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and expert on Medicare;
- Barbara Butrica, senior research associate, an economist and expert on retirement income trends, low-income groups, and Social Security;
- Melissa Favreault, senior fellow, a sociologist and expert on Social Security, aging, and women’s issues;
- Howard Gleckman, resident fellow, an expert on long-term care, Medicaid and Medicare, and the CLASS Act;
- Owen Haaga, research associate, working on Social Security, pensions, and microsimulation models;
- Richard Johnson, senior fellow and director of the Program on Retirement Policy, an economist and expert on older workers, long-term care, and aging;
- Nadia Karamcheva, research associate, an economist with research interests in Social Security, private pensions, and retirement;
- Rudolph Penner, Arjay and Frances Miller chair and Institute fellow, former head of the Congressional Budget Office and expert on budget issues;
- Karen Smith, senior research associate, an expert in the development of microsimulation models and retirement income trends;
- Brenda Spillman, senior fellow, an economist and expert on disability and long-term care use and financing;
- C. Eugene Steuerle, Richard B. Fisher chair and Institute fellow, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and expert on Social Security, budget issues, and tax policy;
- Eric Toder, Institute fellow, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and expert on retirement, Social Security, and tax policy;
- Timothy Waidmann, senior fellow, an economist and expert on disability and retirement;
- Sheila Zedlewski, Institute fellow, an expert on aging, cash assistance, and volunteerism.
- Alice Feng, a research assistant who studies retirement income security;
- Janice Park, a research assistant who focuses on labor force trends and manages the website.